Re: optacon on Ipaq

  • From: philwh@xxxxxxxx
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:55:55 -0500

HI.
I don't know, having never seen the p2rd as of yet.
but, from the description on oleg's web site,
i doesn't sound like it.
it sounds as if the camera takes a snap shot, and stores it
after doing ocr.
you can then scroll throught he text.
he mentions that you can read word by word, or by line, or
by paragraph. this implies that
the ocr has been already been done.

no one at work seems to be interested in looking at
a p2rd. they are more interested in
cctv, and as a poor second
openbook, and as a far third, kurzweil,
only because that is what i insist on teaching.
i have mentioned the p2rd several times,
but no interest in seeing one.
even by the folks at the division of blind services.
they only like openbook, and are not interested in
any other technology.

phil