Re: optacon on Ipaq

  • From: "Mike Freeman" <k7uij@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:14:49 -0800

I think the VideoTIM suffers from the same drawback as the P2RD: one
examines an image already scanned in. In other words, there still isn't the
immediate tactile feedback of mechanically scanning an image and observing
it without mediation other than translation from visual to tactile elements.

I think the digital generation today just doesn't get it; it doesn't
understand the premium we Optacon aficionados place on hands-on examination
of images *without* mediation.

Mike