Re: optacon on Ipaq

  • From: Ollie <sinisorsa@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:19:55 +0100

Hello friends,
I'm a new entry to the group.
I'm Italian; my name is Olga (Ollie is my nick), and I've been using an
Optacon now  for thirty-four years... How time flies!
I do absolutely anything with it, from reading books, to looking up
dictionsries, reading maps, looking at  drawings... I have studied Russian
and Hebrew with my faithful Optacon; I have read bedtime stories to my son
when he was little... I read newspapers and magazines...
But I don't have to tell you what a lot of great things you can do with an
Optacon!
My dream was to see the Optacon turned into an input device for computers -
instead, just when I was thinking of suggesting that development to
Telesensory, I read it had been discontinued...
I hope and pray my Optacon doesn't die on me!

I only discovered about this list a few days ago, and I subscribed about an
hour ago.
I'm eager to share experiences and find out new information about the
possible developments in Optacon-like devices to come.
Please, fogive my English;  I'm quite comfortable with it, but it's still a
foreign language!
Best regards,
Olga Baldassi