Re: optacon on Ipaq

  • From: Rachel <rachel720@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:55:27 -0500

Charles,
Why would Oleg sideline all of the years of Optacon experience - because of
pressure from those who don't see the benefit of our being able to
interpret images for ourselves?  From the little I know of the P2RD, it
sure seems like he's not taking our needs into account.

And the only reason I keep mentioning the VideoTIM is because the NFB
technology center actually has one of them on display; I'm not aware of the
P2RD's being displayed anywhere.  Is the P2RD actually being mass-produced
yet, or is it still just a prototype?

I briefly saw the Optacon II but never actually used it.  Now that I'm
hearing all the things people have done with it, I wish I'd pursued it further.

Re the stored-image issue, how often would the machine snap a picture of
the screen - just at the initial outset?  It just seems that that's the
wrong way to go, for all the reasons people have already stated.
Rachel