[muglo] Re: Intaglio ?

  • From: doug rogers <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:01:59 -0500

On 29-Mar-06, at 11:08 AM, Ilbert Walker wrote:

>> I did try iWeb, and bought iLife.  Pages is useful, and for my once a
>> year intensive use, replaces inDesign, but for most purposes TextEdit
>> works just fine. Keynote is fun. No real use for it though. Might
>> integrate some of the slideshows into my site.
>
> I'm on the point of trying iWeb for simple web page design - as
> alternative to Dreamweaver or GoLive
> What thinkest  thou ?

Try iWeb. It will probably be quite suitable for you and it can only
get better :-) But once again, if you are used to digging into the
pages with your own html, well, you can't, cause it doesn't use any
html that we mere mortals are familiar with. Uploading to .mac from
iWeb is a breeze, but if you have another ISP, you need to save the
pages to a folder and use an FTP program from that point on. Recently
I had a permissions problem with some folders on golden and
discovered that GoLive allows me, at this end, to adjust permissions
on the server.

I web won't open any pages not from itself, or even html. I would
like an blank template, but you can make one by deleting but a single
item on a page.

No one, no one is here. We stand in the Atlantic. We become panoramic.
          __________<http://home.golden.net/~samu>__________

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/