[muglo] Re: Intaglio ?

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:22:33 -0500

On 29-Mar-06, at 10:56 AM, Ilbert Walker wrote:

> One man's poisson etc etc  ?

I hope you weren't fishing for a pun here ;)

> By 'over load' I mean the Database and Spreadsheet - and possibly
> Presentation aspects of which I have absolutely no need.
>
> Ilbert

Further to Tee's response and yours.  I don't think AW is overloaded
either.  AW is a case where the sum of the parts is much better than
the individual pieces.  The WP isn't the best but adequate for most
people, the DB isn't on the whole rather pathetic compared to modern
DBs but for most people who would care to learn quite adequate, the SS
is also adequate for most people.     The Presentation and
Communications modules - well lets just forget those (which most people
did from the beginning anyway). But none of the modules interferes with
the other.  Consider them features that you don't use.  Power users are
just that - do I need a Benz or Cadillac when a Suzuki Swift gets me
there as well?  The speed limit, which I know we all follow, is still
100 kph.

People need to delve into AW a bit more.  The built in macro capability
(in OS 9 and in Classic mode in OS X) plus applescript alone makes the
use of the three modules very powerful, again if you take the time to
learn.  The time required is likely much less than a dedicated program
with sub-menu upon sub-menu that gets relocated every time there is an
upgrade.

Martin

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/