[muglo] Re: Intaglio ?

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:17:34 -0500

On 29-Mar-06, at 9:37 AM, Ilbert Walker wrote:

> Anybody yet tried out Intaglio 2.7.   from Purgatory Software (love
> the name !)
> It brings back all the simplicity of Mac Paint and Mac Draw - without
> some of the over load of AppleWorks
>
> http://www.purgatorydesign.com/
>
> Intaglio is a traditional Macintosh drawing & illustration
> application exclusively for Mac OS X. Patterned after the original
> Macintosh drawing applications, Intaglio is intuitive to beginners
> and familiar to traditional Macintosh users. Intaglio builds on the
> 2D graphics, text, color, and scripting capabilities of Mac OS X to
> provide unprecedented power and flexibility in an inexpensive drawing
> program that is an ideal tool for beginners and experienced graphics
> experts alike.
>
> For someone who doesn't want to get into all the bells and whistles
> of advanced graphic programmes, it might be the answer?
>
> What do you use for simple graphic jobs ?
>
> Ilbert

After 23 years in the Apple world I still use Appleworks & don't find
Any need for anything else. I use the Word Processing part mostly,
Database next, Do my Garden layouts, model train layouts, & renovation
layouts with draw (scale drawings are a breeze), and a little bit of
spreadsheet use for mileage calcs when travel planning.
Sure there are more sophisticated data bases & word processors out
there, but I don't need them.
BTW where is the "over load of Appleworks" ???
TTFN,
TeeC

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/