[muglo] Re: Intaglio ?

  • From: Ilbert Walker <ilbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:56:14 -0500

Thanks for the swift (as always) feedback, Tee

By 'over load' I mean the Database and Spreadsheet - and possibly
Presentation aspects of which I have absolutely no need.

I want just a plain, simple 'bread and butter' drawing/painting
programme. Such as Mac Paint used to be -  Ditto Mac Write.
Appleworks is like a lot of the other general, multi purpose software
which attempts to cover all bases (sometimes poorly) , instead of
doing one aspect very well.

Freehand, Illustrator , Canvas , OmniGrapfie, like MS Word, are so
feature over loaded with bells and whistles, that become oversized,
clunky and present a steep learning curve. I find Appleworks crashes
on me quite a bit - probably because I haven't mastered all the
idiosyncrasies?

I think it was Don Norman ex Apple Fellow interface design expert -
who said any software should only seek to do 'one thing' well. I
agree with him.  As the Greeks - not the Geeks :) - used to
say ......The Perfectly Simple is Simply Perfect ! ?  Except of
course , for that other block buster, bells and whistles  disaster -
Word Perfect - which I used to tell my students should have been
named Word Imperfect !

One man's poisson etc etc  ?

Ilbert