[muglo] Re: Intaglio ?

  • From: Ilbert Walker <ilbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:08:14 -0500

Thanks Doug, for your response .......the voice of (much)
experience , I was hoping to hear from.

On 29 Mar 2006, at 10:39 AM, doug rogers wrote:

> On 29-Mar-06, at 9:37 AM, Ilbert Walker wrote:
>

>> Anybody yet tried out Intaglio 2.7.   from Purgatory Software (love
>> the name !)
>> It brings back all the simplicity of Mac Paint and Mac Draw - without
>> some of the over load of AppleWorks
>>

>   Yes, I have tried it in trying to find a replacement for
> Illustrator. I probably would have bought it if I could have saved
> out of it a few times to see if it actually worked for my purposes :-)
>
> Alas I fell back on Illustrator CS

Yes, see my reply to Tee re Illustrator and Freehand etc

In Design I was going to explore - but like Deneba's Canvas which
used to be my staple, it's grown in cost - for a simple paint/draw
user like me.  Intaglio ain't exactly cheap eit her at US $89 ! :(

> I did try iWeb, and bought iLife.  Pages is useful, and for my once a
> year intensive use, replaces inDesign, but for most purposes TextEdit
> works just fine. Keynote is fun. No real use for it though. Might
> integrate some of the slideshows into my site.

I'm on the point of trying iWeb for simple web page design - as
alternative to Dreamweaver or GoLive
What thinkest  thou ?

>   What I really want is a program that gives me the transparent
> textured watercolour brushes of Painter. I can get something like it
> out of Photoshop. Procreate Painter Classic doesn't allow selections,
> so it is painter with it's legs chopped off. There is an open source
> paint program, but there are no transparent brushes. Painter 9 is
> huge, ugly and expensive.

A valuable feedback comment from a long  time expert user !