[muglo] Re: Intaglio ?

  • From: doug rogers <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:39:45 -0500

On 29-Mar-06, at 9:37 AM, Ilbert Walker wrote:

> Anybody yet tried out Intaglio 2.7.   from Purgatory Software (love
> the name !)
> It brings back all the simplicity of Mac Paint and Mac Draw - without
> some of the over load of AppleWorks

  Yes, I have tried it in trying to find a replacement for
Illustrator. I probably would have bought it if I could have saved
out of it a few times to see if it actually worked for my purposes :-)

Alas I fell back on Illustrator CS

I did try iWeb, and bought iLife.  Pages is useful, and for my once a
year intensive use, replaces inDesign, but for most purposes TextEdit
works just fine. Keynote is fun. No real use for it though. Might
integrate some of the slideshows into my site.

  What I really want is a program that gives me the transparent
textured watercolour brushes of Painter. I can get something like it
out of Photoshop. Procreate Painter Classic doesn't allow selections,
so it is painter with it's legs chopped off. There is an open source
paint program, but there are no transparent brushes. Painter 9 is
huge, ugly and expensive.

   Google submits to Chinese Gov't. Tibetan cybercafe warning:
"Do not use Internet for any political or unintelligent purposes."
   __________<http://home.golden.net/~samu>__________

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/