[GeoStL] Re: Pocket Query enhancement

  • From: "Steve Bromley" <bromley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 18:54:05 -0500

One thing to consider is the number of caches you try to update.
GroundSpeak will eventually notice the activity if you continue to try to
update a large amount of caches and will block your account and IP.  The
warning is continually mentioned in the GSAK forums.  To help alleviate
this, there is a 9 second delay between page reads.

Steve

On 06/18/2009 6:48:18 PM, MutherAndSun (mutherandsun@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> This macro updates each cache in the database individually, so a large
> file will take some time. It updates status, logs, etc. - pulls in all the

> current info.

I update each week. I did the same thing for MO last year. Yeah, that's