[GeoStL] Re: Pocket Query enhancement

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 13:36:10 -0500

-
Do you run my Mapsource script? You can easily look at a map of the state on mapsource, right click anywhere on the map and create a PQ from that point. If I am going to do a county challenge or any other caching away from home, I click to set a WP in a county, go 100 miles straight north and right click to create a PQ. Then it is as simple as connecting the dots. Everywhere you click, you can create a PQ with those coords. I can do a whole state in minutes.

Of course, if you don't have Mapsource, it is pointless for me to bring up.

Once I have all the data, GSAK couties macro does the rest. Then I can filter just the caches I want to do in each county.

This sounds like a great class - "How to plan and get the most out of your caching trip." Oh wait, I suggested it several times before, but....

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kirk Yates" <kirk.yates@xxxxxxx>