[optacon-l] Re: The Optacon User List Activities

  • From: "J. R. Westmoreland" <jr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:37:52 -0700

Last time I spoke with Ron at Freedom he indicated that they were still
interested in user manuals for the various models.
I have a copy of the serial interface document that I got from Mary, I
think, but it needs a bit of cleaning up.
I'm still digging in my archives of software to find the X-Windows interface
stuff that I wrote many years ago.
Though, I suspect that that software would be better rewritten.

I would be interested in knowing if there is still a way, or the specs so it
can be built, of getting a serial cable for the optacon II.
I think I still have mine but would be very sad if it were lost. I have
moved about half a dozen times since I last went looking for it. <grin>

J. R.

J. R. Westmoreland
E-mail: jr@xxxxxxx

   From: Catherine Thomas <braille@xxxxxxxxx>