[optacon-l] Re: Optacon List Archives

  • From: "Natalie" <nataliej@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 15:42:39 -0500

I took out a  personal loan to get my first Optacon and it was the best
decision I ever made.  Don't know what I'd do without it now in my daily
life although I no longer read long books with it.  Unfortunately a majority
of blind individuals seem to prefer to be read to with voice applications
and even find braille a drag.  It's a trend that has gained a lot of
momentum with the computer and along with it comes terrible spelling.  The
Optacon would have quite a fight to come back or improve but I still think
we might find others somewhere in dresser drawers or closets if we
advertised, say, at conventions.  Unfortunately I don't go to them but it's
just an idea.

Natalie