[muglo] Re: searches

  • From: Mary <iMary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:40:59 -0500

At 9:04 PM -0500 11/12/02, Joe McGuire wrote:

>A lot of sites are doing that now.

You are referring here to sites that detect one's location? Yes,
perhaps. My question was, "How?" Do you know?

>  It is especially helpful if one is
>selling in more than one country. The company can automatically adjust
>for native dollars.

Do you know of any websites that adjust the displayed prices on the
basis of detection of your location?

>Google also has to censor some things based on
>locality, in China, for example. They have to do it or be banned from
>the country.

I do not know that Google "censors" anything. I know that access to
Google.com was blocked at the Telco/ISP level by Chinese authorities.

Mary

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>