[muglo] Re: searches

  • From: Hollycrt@xxxxxxx
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:38:54 EST

Hi Jim,
I use Google and have been happy with the results it offers. To get
information on a product, try Amazon and read the user reviews. I have found
them extremely helpful. Amazon sells such a wide range of merchandise that
the chances are good that they will sell what you are looking for. Right now
there is a coupon for new buyers in Canada. Check out DealMac.com.
I also have one of those ancient television sets, still purring along.
Cheers,
Nancy

In a message dated 11-11-02 13:16:51, hawk@xxxxxxxx writes:

<<  At the risk of starting an argument, what's a good search engine? I've
been using dogpile for ages but, like most such engines, it's giving me
mostly ads these days instead of info. Was looking for some data on TVs
(thinking of buying a new set. picture on the darned one I've got is
starting to lose its sharpness a bit. Blasted thing has only lasted 26
years, but, what can you do?). Dogpiles' top 15 or so site suggestions were
dogs -so to speak. Stores in the U.S. offering me deals on sets I can't
ordeer if I wanted to. I just want something to give me a hint on what's a
decent buy. Anyway, problem is not new. Maybe there are no good search
engines. jim >>

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>