[muglo] Re: Transferring old LPs ?

  • From: prantzer <prantzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:13:31 -0400

Ilbert
  if you want like I said before on an earlier post you can borrow my
imic, turntable, cords to hook it up and the final vinyl recording
program that comes with iMic that is all you need let me know if you
are interested.

.........Dennis
On 31-Aug-05, at 12:11 PM, Ilbert Walker wrote:

> Thanks Karl for this - and also Tim K for the Playlist articles,
> Griffin iMic etc.
>
> But I'm becoming a little confused ! :)
>
> Even with Toast's Spin Doctor, a RCA>USB hardware device is needed
> surely ?  Not quite Voila ?
>
> Karl - are you suggesting you can do without buying one of the
> following ?
>
> The Griffin iMic costs US$49 and they also market a Turntable
> Connection Cable for US$13 (http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/
> grounding_cable/index.php_} for the RCA/USB interface.
>
> The ADS Instant Music hardware  C$70 , which also comes with a CD
> software called Nero.(its version of Spin Doctor?)
>
> I feel the water is beginning to reach my chin !!  :)
>
> Help !!
>
> Ilbert
>
> On 30 Aug 2005, at 4:47 PM, Karl Hochmann wrote:
>
>> "Disk shops' sounds as if one would engage a commercial company and
>> pay for their services.
>>
>> However, to digitise your LPs yourself is no big task. You need a
>> record player, an application that will do the transfer, for instance
>> Spin Doctor or Audacity (a free and very good application), and a
>> little time to experiment. Voila.
>>
>> For information concerning the MUGLO List just click on
>>
>>            http://muglo.on.ca/Pages/joinus.html
>>
>> Our Archives can be viewed at
>>
>>          //www.freelists.org/archives/muglo
>>
>> Don't forget to periodically check our web site at:
>>
>>                  http://muglo.on.ca/

>            http://muglo.on.ca/Pages/joinus.html
>
> Our Archives can be viewed at
>
>          //www.freelists.org/archives/muglo

>                  http://muglo.on.ca/

I Thank You For Your Time...............................Dennis Prance