[muglo] Re: Safari sunstroke?

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 16:28:14 -0500

Do you still have this problem?

If so, try deleting the preferences for Safari, and perhaps remove the
bookmarks file. Make sure you've got a backup of the bookmarks file.

Secondly, is it possible that you have too many bookmarks (24 folders sounds
like *a lot* of folders & bookmarks)? Netscape used to have a limit and it
might be that Safari has a limit as well?

Re: Desktop rebuild... fortunately this is not an issue with OS X any longer
(since OS X doesn't use the horribly corruptable Desktop file). However, if
you would like to rebuild it you can do so in the System Preferences:Classic
prefs pane. Please note that rebuilding the desktop will have no effect on
OS X unless your problem is related to Classic.

Eric.