[muglo] Re: Router Question

  • From: Tim Kearn <timmer21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:58:01 -0400

Thanks Dave.
It does have the latest firmware, and no it isn't WiFi, just Ethernet
cables.
No, I haven't configured the router in any way, just left it to the default
settings.
Two reasons for this:
1. Wanted to get it up and running. Because I was originally having trouble
and was speaking to tech support I didn't want to do anything to the router
that would change the settings. Also needed to reset/unplug it a couple of
times.
2. I think every Mac user runs into this :( - the manual, set up programs
were for Windows, one page for only for OSX (which was all that was really
needed). But that can make it confusing when looking at the manual and
seeing only Windows screen shots.
The D-Link tech support was very helpful though and seemed to now there way
around OS X to a point, after that I was on my own.
So, since you offered Dave...what suggestions do you have to configure it?
TIA,
Tim