[muglo] Re: Ode to a dead iMac

  • From: <kearn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:05:51 -0400

> From: Alex <admeddemda@xxxxxx>
> Date: 2002/08/26 Mon AM 02:21:12 EST
> To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [muglo] Re: Ode to a dead iMac
>

> I'm not that familiar with imacs, but I'm pretty sure they don;t have
> an external monitor port....

No, there is no external port, have to open it to access it and need a Mac
monitor I'm told.

> unless you can fit it with a video card, I don't think you're going
> to get it working with another monitor (mac or pc).
>
> Best thing to do, if you want to save all your info, would be to open
> it up and scoop the drive. Then put the drive in another IDE mac and
> copy the contents.

Have saved all the info I need, try to backup often, read or heard too many
horror stories - a chore I hate doing however, but saved me this time!

> If you want to save the iMAc, try a web search on google for analog boards.
>
> ~Alex

Did do that actually the night it died and found some places (all US). Did
e-mail Terry Steeper, but haven't heard back. Rough quote froom Mostly Mac was
more then the iMac itself.

Tim

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>