[muglo] Re: Ode to a dead iMac

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:49:13 -0400

on 26/8/02 22:36, kearn@xxxxxxxxxxxx at kearn@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Call Terry Steeper @ 519-294-0648 (the only business phone number I've
>> *ever* memorised).
>
> Actually, did e-mail him the night it quit for to see if he would be able to
> fix it, but have not heard back; didn't call however.

Call him... better yet, drop by (though, I hear he's busy). An e-mail
response from Terry takes a while b/c he's so busy! (we keep him busy with
all our Macs, don't we :)

>> He recently (two weeks ago?) fixed my brother's iCrap Rev A for $200 (same
>> problem as yours) -- power supply failure. When you consider that a Rev A/B
>> goes for $450-500 CDN it would be worth fixing it (you could get more
>> selling it as a functional machine, than a machine for parts).
>
> That is a good price to fix it. But, was looking for another machine also,
> this just speeds up the process! Really want an iBook and hopefully can trade
> the iMac as is.

Terry'll be able to tell you what you could get for it, but chances are a
dead iMac + $200 repair will fetch more than what you'd get for dead iMac
alone (b/c people would be taking a risk that might not pan out buying a
dead iMac your price will be depressed even more than the cost of repairs).

Eric.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>