[muglo] Ode to a dead iMac

  • From: <kearn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <mac-canada@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 22:11:11 -0400

List,
My Rev.B iMac gave up Friday night, shed a tear or two, but fortunately had
been backing up often, knew it was ready to crash. This seems fairly current
problem to these models of iMacs, well documented on the Lowendmac.com site.
It will power up for about 10 seconds and then stops (power light goes orange
and then once it's green it quits. The problem seems to be the analog board
and/or flyback transformer; not worth the money to fix it, more then it's worth.
Before I do anything with it, is it possible to attach an external monitor to
it? Just a cheap (used PC perhaps) to it? Anyone know what connections is
required?
I understand the RAM, hard drive, etc. is fine, just the monitor won't work.

TIA,
Tim

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>