[muglo] Re: Ode to a dead iMac

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:22:29 -0400

Call Terry Steeper @ 519-294-0648 (the only business phone number I've
*ever* memorised).

He recently (two weeks ago?) fixed my brother's iCrap Rev A for $200 (same
problem as yours) -- power supply failure. When you consider that a Rev A/B
goes for $450-500 CDN it would be worth fixing it (you could get more
selling it as a functional machine, than a machine for parts).

Yes, it is possible to attach an external monitor to the computer but it
requires a lot of re-wiring. If you are getting power to the system
following by the power light going orange you're not going to be able to run
the iMac with an external monitor either -- your power supply for the entire
computer is failing, not just for the monitor.

If you're feeling adventurous search the web for someone who took their iMac
and built it into a 17" or 19" monitor.

L8r, Eric.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>