[muglo] Re: Ode to a dead iMac

  • From: <kearn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:36:10 -0400

> From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2002/08/26 Mon PM 02:22:29 EST
> To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [muglo] Re: Ode to a dead iMac
>

> Call Terry Steeper @ 519-294-0648 (the only business phone number I've
> *ever* memorised).

Actually, did e-mail him the night it quit for to see if he would be able to
fix it, but have not heard back; didn't call however.

> He recently (two weeks ago?) fixed my brother's iCrap Rev A for $200 (same
> problem as yours) -- power supply failure. When you consider that a Rev A/B
> goes for $450-500 CDN it would be worth fixing it (you could get more
> selling it as a functional machine, than a machine for parts).

That is a good price to fix it. But, was looking for another machine also, this
just speeds up the process! Really want an iBook and hopefully can trade the
iMac as is.

> Yes, it is possible to attach an external monitor to the computer but it
> requires a lot of re-wiring. If you are getting power to the system
> following by the power light going orange you're not going to be able to run
> the iMac with an external monitor either -- your power supply for the entire
> computer is failing, not just for the monitor.
>
> If you're feeling adventurous search the web for someone who took their iMac
> and built it into a 17" or 19" monitor.

Have deceided I don't have the time to mess with it, have everything I need
saved. Have seen people who have added those sizes - too much for me!

Tim

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>