[muglo] Re: Home from Florida

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:36:43 -0500

Yikes! Scary stuff. Your story inspired me..... I am traveling to
Australia next month and had planned to just shut down phone & data.
Instead, I unlocked my phone last night (all of 5 min.). Now, I will
just get a new sim card when I get there.
Now that the phone is unlocked/jailbroken, I can also load non-itunes
apps. This process was not so simple, as there is a TON of out-dated
and overly-complicated instructions out there. Once the info is
sorted, it's quite easy and just involves downloading the correct
utility apps.
On Jan 11, 2010, at 9:40 PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:
> Cherie and I left for a U.S. vacation the day after Boxing Day,
> before we left I unlocked my iPhone.  I just checked we received 1.2
> GB of data and sent 115 MB and used 130 minutes airtime.  All of
> this cost me $65.00 for T-Mobile flex plan just for interests sake I
> did a rough calculation what my Rogers bill would have been for
> using their plans  Data 1.3 gb @ $0.80 for their best U.S. rate
> equals $1040.00 the voice plan if pre purchased at  .57 per minute
> would cost $74.10.  If the phone was used in the states with just
> the Canadian plan the minutes would be charged at $1.40 each
> resulting in a charge of $182.00 and the data charge 3 cents per kb
> results in a whooping $39,000 (I hope I calculated that right 1.3 gb
> @ .03 per kb)
>

> Gerhard
> gerhardk@xxxxxxx
>
> ---