[muglo] Re: 'nother Mail question

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:25:13 -0500

As I scan down my 'To' column in the inbox it shows names only. Same
in the 'From' column in sent. Could it be the fault of Address Book?
Maybe the entries aren't set up in their proper fields? If you are
replying to an email and the signature was written with no spaces(name
& address), it's copying it? Try sending an email to yourself and see
if it happens.
On Jan 10, 2010, at 10:05 AM, Doug Bale wrote:

> Is there a way to turn off the auto-completion of recipient addresses
> in Mail, so that e-mails to Shmuel Smuck don't have to show up
> addressed to Shmuel Shmuck <shmuel shmuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>? The guy
> already knows what his name is. Mail is clearly getting the unwanted
> extra information from Address Book. I can't find anything in
> Preferences to I tell it not to; unclicking Auto-complete under
> Addressing doesn't do it.
> ---
> Manage your account options at //www.freelists.org/list/muglo

Wayne Dobson