[muglo] Re: Home from Florida

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 15:52:14 -0500

Just did some research and found good news/bad news. The bad news is
the high cost of overnight campervan parking($40). Good news is most
have free wifi. Interestingly enough, most McDonald's also have free
internet. I think there might be enough spots to avoid getting a
subscription service.
On Jan 12, 2010, at 3:36 PM, Wayne Dobson wrote:

> I'll look into it. The Hotel thing is out, as we will be in a
> campervan for 2 weeks away from urban areas.
> On Jan 12, 2010, at 3:31 PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:
>> I think something worth looking into is Boingo it is a subscription
>> wifi service and is available in tons of airports, hotels and other
>> public areas. It will automatically detect if it is associated with a
>> provider and connect with your password and username. When we went to
>> Europe I used the service and was able to connect in most cities to
>> the Internet with just the one payment, I think it was around $30.
>> Europe is the same as Australia was described very rare to find free
>> Internet and one day will cost nearly as much as signing up for a
>> month. I think iBahn was the Boingo partner that I connected with
>> most
>> often.

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx