[muglo] Home from Florida

  • From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 21:40:38 -0500

Cherie and I left for a U.S. vacation the day after Boxing Day, before we left
I unlocked my iPhone.  I just checked we received 1.2 GB of data and sent 115
MB and used 130 minutes airtime.  All of this cost me $65.00 for T-Mobile flex
plan just for interests sake I did a rough calculation what my Rogers bill
would have been for using their plans  Data 1.3 gb @ $0.80 for their best U.S.
rate equals $1040.00 the voice plan if pre purchased at  .57 per minute would
cost $74.10.  If the phone was used in the states with just the Canadian plan
the minutes would be charged at $1.40 each resulting in a charge of $182.00 and
the data charge 3 cents per kb results in a whooping $39,000 (I hope I
calculated that right 1.3 gb @ .03 per kb)

Gerhard
gerhardk@xxxxxxx