[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need to clarify header/footer processing logic

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 23:54:13 -0500

Cindy and Lissi, I do books the same way as you. The Bookshare manual does say that if we strip headers leaving a blank line above and below the page number, it helps with the HTML version of the book if we do it as you've described so the page numbers will display correctly. Since many of our readers use the HTML version of our books, I've been normalizing page numbers in this way for the past year or so.

Monica Willyard

Grandma Cindy wrote:
Thanks for seeking a clarification, because I've been
doing it blank line 1, page number, blank line, then
text or chapter title. I leave two line spaces between
chapter title and first line of chapter, but that's
irrelevant to the subject under discussion.

I've been moving page numbers to the top of the page,
since Lissi said, and people have agreed, that  that
makes it easier for them to read them, but I do leave
a blank line between the last line of test and the
page break. If I've been doing it incorrectly, I'll
change my ways. smile

G.Cindy