[AR] Re: video of V-2 launch procedures

  • From: Henry Spencer <hspencer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arocket List <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 01:26:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 13 May 2019, Elliot Robert wrote:

Not that it matters but I'm curious. Are you saying Jews didn't build the
v2? I was under the impression that the v2's work force was entirely Jewish.

With the caveat that I haven't gone digging for details, yes, my understanding is that they were systematically excluded from this sort of high-level military project. There seems to be a widespread misconception that essentially all concentration-camp inmates were Jewish, which is probably where the idea came from. Not so. They were the biggest group of "undesirables", but by no means the only one.

it seems funny to me that they'ed be ok with Gays and Communists working on their secret project but putting your foot down when Jews are turning the bolts.

Agreed that it doesn't make sense. A rational assessment would probably have put the Communists at the top of the "security worries" list, as people who might well organize themselves for sabotage and/or espionage even in that environment -- many of them had experience with doggedly pursuing their goals despite vicious oppression and risk to life and limb. (Being a Communist in Europe in the interwar years was often unpleasant.) But that wasn't the way the Nazis saw things.