[AR] Re: Igniter Popping Sound

  • From: Robert Watzlavick <rocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 11:05:32 -0500

They impinge- in this sketch:

http://watzlavick.com/robert/rocket/igniters/drawings/igniter6-nodims.pdf

The two ports shown in the upper left are 90 deg apart and are the GOX and fuel
ports. They are lined up at the same point longitudinally. The 3rd port located
a bit downstream is for the pressure tap. The spark plug threads into the end.
I was worried about the spark plug being upstream and not igniting the mixture
but it seems to be reliable.  Except for the V5 igniter which didn't start as
previously mentioned, probably because the orifices were pointed downstream.

-Bob