[AR] Re: Falcon 9 flight today

  • From: Ben Brockert <wikkit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 23:14:18 -0600

I wasn't so much a source as the instigator. As far as I know from the
blogs and news sites that I watch, I was the first one in English to
point out the cloud and definitely show from orbital parameters that
the UFO was the Falcon 9's cloud.

I know Alan Boyle in real life, I guess he saw my post about it and
thought it was worth a story.

With some further work on other images I found that the propellant
cloud was 108 miles wide.
http://wikkit.tumblr.com/post/63351208465/how-big-was-the-cloud-of-propellant-from-the

Ben