[AR] Re: Falcon 9 flight today

  • From: Henry Spencer <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arocket List <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 22:36:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 6 Oct 2013, Henry Vanderbilt wrote:
> I hadn't known about the specific limit on Merlin starter cartridges
> though.  A quick search didn't turn anything up.  Any idea where to find
> out more about that?

Don't remember where I saw it discussed, alas, and a quick search doesn't
find anything...  The Falcon 9 User's Manual (rev 1, 2009) credits the
second stage with "2 restarts"  capability, which might have been what I
was remembering (although the most plausible reading of that wording would
give it a total of 3 starts, not 2).

                                                           Henry Spencer
                                                       henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      (hspencer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)