[AR] Re: Blank flare fittings

  • From: Ed Kelleher <Pres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:33:44 -0400

Ditto Lloyd, great catalog and they even have weights!

Got right through to one of their engineers.

They have a flared tube to blank end, with a through hole the size of the AN hole, about .172" for a -4.
AAB1038-4 A (Aluminum)

Minimum order of $100.

They had four they'd let me have  ... for $30 each. :-)

Didn't think I said Boeing or Lockheed when I called.

Anyway, good stuff.  Thanks!

Ed Kelleher

At 12:04 PM 10/14/2013, Jonathan Goff wrote:
Hey Lloyd,

That was a great find, thanks for sharing! Not that I've got any near-term stuff planned that needs fluid fittings, but that's one of the widest selections I've seen--and it provides good dimensional information too!

~Jon

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 9:36 AM, Lloyd Droppers <<mailto:lloyd.droppers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>lloyd.droppers@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: You can buy AN Fittings with both a premade orifice and a thin sheet to be drill for an orifice from allan aircraft. It is not quite the same as a fitting with no hole but sometimes more convenient. pg 36 of the pdf file.

<http://www.allanaircraft.com/Catalog/PDF/AA%20Catalog.pdf>http://www.allanaircraft.com/Catalog/PDF/AA%20Catalog.pdf
Lloyd
On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Ed Kelleher <<mailto:Pres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Pres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Are blank AN/JIC flare fittings available?
Fittings with no holes through them.  Preferably aluminum.
Like a male NPT union with a 1/4" tube flare on one end and a 1/4" NPT on the other, but with no central hole?
Ed Kelleher