[AR] Re: Blank flare fittings

  • From: Ed Kelleher <Pres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 17:20:05 -0400

Thank you Paul, Ben and others.

I guess when there aren't any of the thing you think you need out there - you need to rethink. :-)

The -4 with the 1/4" NPT has enough material on the NPT side to work with. I want to put a check valve in there.

Welding skill and CNC are down the road a bit, but taps, drills and cutting threads I can handle.

Thanks again.

Ed Kelleher

At 09:09 PM 10/11/2013, Ben Brockert wrote:
You can also weld normal AN fittings together to make new and weird
fittings. A plug welded to a short nipple would accomplish what you're
asking for.

Or tap an AN-4 to 1/4npt nipple on the NPT side and screw in a socket
cap screw to accomplish the same thing with hand tools and no welder
or lathe.