[optacon-l] Re: R1D vs Optacon 2

  • From: "C. Pond" <cpond@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:04:45 -0400

I think what Maureen meant about the R1D being the best designed of that
series--and she can correct me--is that there were several iterations of the
optacon R1X series: the R1B, the R1B crossover to the R1C, the R1C, the R1C
and some slight crossover to the R1D, and a number of board revisions of the
R1D, none of which seemed to have made a difference.  I can look at the
schematics with an optacon and still puzzle over some changes which I have
come across in various board revisions and modifications of the true R1D
optacons.  Nevertheless, the R1Ds were the best of the R1X series.  The
optacon 2 is a different baby.

Charles