Re: Optacon and O&M

  • From: Mike Freeman <k7uij@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:27:51 -0500 (EST)

Makes sense. One more thing to ponder in this discussion: while many of
us on this list have become quite proficient with the OPtacon, we should
bear in mind that there is a reason braille prevailed over such other
writing instrumentalities as, say, Boston Line-Letter: print is meant to
be seen, not felt. So, to some extent, in using the Optacon, we are
going against the grain, so-to-speak. I'm not saying it isn't possible
or even desirable or I wouldn't be on this list. I'm only saying that we
shouldn't be surprised that some have difficulties irrespective of
effort or trainer.

Mike Freeman