Re: not mastering the optacon

  • From: Mike Freeman <k7uij@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:42:52 -0500 (EST)

Kathryn:

While I agree with all your reasons below, it ain't that simple. I know
of people who simply could not master the device. Yes, TSI hype didn't
help. But there really are some learning difficulties for some blind
persons which are, for wont of a better expression, organic. Could they
be overcome? Who knows. We probably won't find out as no one has the
capital to invest to build an updated Optacon and I doubt it will be
forthcoming.

Can you say chicken and egg?

Mike Freeman