[optacon-l] Re: Optacon Podcasts

  • From: Mallard <mallard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 22:19:01 +0100

Yes, Fran, I agree.
Maybe one of our problems is that we keep thinking only in terms of the
blind and visually impaired community, while I think we should aim at
communicating a lot more with the sighted world.

The "authorities" David mentioned in his message threw a number of
precious Optacons into the trash bin, because they dind't probably
understand their value to a blind person.

Using an Optacon means allowing a blind person to fulfill tasks that
they couldn't cary out otherwise. This means being able to get better
jobs, earning higher salaries, paying higher taxes, and not being a
burden on the community.

If our authorities could be made to understand this (I'm pretty hopeless
as regards Italian politicians, by the way...), we would aready have
gone quite a long way.

Badly expressed, probably, but hopefully clear enough...
Ciao,
Ollie