[muglo] problem with authenticating

  • From: Wendy Dench <wendydench@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 10:26:22 -0500

I had to replace my hard drive this week on my iMac as it was failing
but had everything backed up using Time Machine. When I received the
Mac back from Mostly Digital, they had loaded the OS 10.5.8 on for me
but I was restoring the files myself. I did this by using Migration
Assistant under Utilities. It seems to have moved my files,
applications except for iTunes and Photos (what I have found so far)
but the problem is now everytime I make a change to a file, move a
file, even throw it out I have to go through the authentication. And
it also says "you cannot write to disk", so I have to save it to the
desktop then move it over to it's correct spot on the hard drive and
then of course the authentication window comes up.
How can I stop this?
Wendy Dench