[muglo] Re: problem with authenticating

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:52:03 -0500

Plan B
If the permission repairs don't work and you have your Leopard disc;
boot from the disc(hold down the 'C' key while starting) and use its
built-in utilities(under the 'File' menu) to erase the new drive. Then
reinstall Leopard using the Time Machine to restore when prompted.
 From the sounds of it, you also have files missing after using
migration assistant?
On Jan 17, 2010, at 11:20 AM, Wendy Dench wrote:
> I think so too Wayne!
>
> On 17-Jan-10, at 11:17 AM, Wayne Dobson wrote:
>
>> I think the first mistake was letting them load OS 10.5 for you. When
>> my drive failed and I re-loaded Leopard on the new drive, it asked if
>> I wanted to restore from Time Machine. One click and 30 minutes
>> later,
>> it was restored to the state one hour before failure.
>> On Jan 17, 2010, at 10:26 AM, Wendy Dench wrote:
>>>
> Manage your account options at //www.freelists.org/list/muglo

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.