[muglo] ISPs

  • From: Jim Taylor <hawk@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 10:58:23 -0400

Hey, thanks for all the feedback on ISPs. You've convinced me to stay away
from all high speed (Simpatico, etc.) type connections. They sound like a
nightmare. Know people who use execulink. maybe will give them a try if I
can get any satisfaction with uniserve.
   Re the discussion on Rogers etc. I have a summer place in Port S. I've
often felt if the people of that area knew how Rogers was ripping them off
they'd be furious. I pay the same cable fees there (although in Port I don't
have the moved channel since it is just that, a channel, as in one movie,
compared to seven in London. i get about half the channels I do it London.
Point is, I thought of getting a dish but a friend has one - Expressview in
Mt. Tremblant, Que., -  and he also gets fewer channels that I do. On top of
that, he has to pay to watch hockey. Reception is, for the most part, better
but . . . it's more expensive and I just don't see the advantage.
Monopolies, be it Bell or Shaw or Hydro or whatever, are all evil
enterprises sent by the business gods to bedevil us.
  A question I asked once before and can't find the answer . . . been out of
town.
   I keep getting logged off the net after anywhere from a few minutes to
several minutes. Dialogue box says if you don't dismiss this you'll be
logged off in X minutes. I dismiss it and I'm logged of anyway. Sometimes I
just get a box that says, you've been logged off. Anyway I can stop this?
jim

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>