[muglo] Re: ISPs

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:09:21 -0400

on 27/8/02 14:39, Larry Kryski at lskryski@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Perhaps we should all step back from these arguments for a moment to reflec=
> on where we stand compared to 10 or 15 years ago. I know that 10 or 15 year=
> ago if we could have looked ahead and seen the capabilities that we have
> right now, we would be flabbergasted if we heard ourselves complaining. I
> think that it would have made us sound like a rather ungrateful lot, don=B9t
> you think?

10 years ago I already had high-speed web access ;P (me, and the 10 other
people who happened to be affiliated with a university and knew how to use
gopher/ftp/early www). Compared to the days when I was BBSing with 1200 baud
(right after Forever Knight (or whatever Roger Gustafson's son's BBS was
(can't remember his son's name (he should be 29-31 by now)))) having a T3 at
my disposal is incredible (though, as I say I've been spoiled with
high-speed access for 9 years now in two weeks (my first intro to high-speed
internet was Sept/1993)... & a friend had high speed web in residence 1994
at York (lucky SOB)).

Eric.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>