[GeoStL] Re: Thanks

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:29:59 -0600

-
Judi,

Like mamalu said, having something that would identify the caches within a
given distance of an interstate would be great. Even if the coords of a
starting point and a finish point were used, the program could treat it as a
straight line and locate the caches along that line and a fixed distance on
either side. Interstates are straight enough between the two points so that
would really be nice to have. Creating a GPX query, then converting the GPX
file with GPSbabel at the command line level, and then importing into street
and trips will get the job done but it would be nice to have a 1 step
process.

So he doesn't have to reinvent the wheel, have him look at GPSbabel
(converts from/to many formats), Watcher (great cache page viewer and more
that reads GPX files), and Geocaching Swiss army Knife (GSAK-a new program
that combines parts of watcher, GPSbabel, and adds other options).

GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife-
http://gsak.geocaching.com.au/

Watcher-
http://clayjar.com/gc/watcher/