[GeoStL] Re: Frisbee Rule????

  • From: Michael Rogers <mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 05:57:37 -0800 (PST)

-
I do not think it's a stretch...there are tons of guardrail, street sign and
cache simply placed along roadsides and in parks that are published each day.
You seriously don't believe they all asked permission, do you...especially in
places with no existing policy? I think it's wishful thinking to believe that
80-90% ask permission for every hide that is placed.
I think the analogy stands. Suppose I am a frisbee fiend and I love the game so
much I want others to play as well. I play frisbee in parks all the time and I
leave frisbees for others to find so they can play as well...heck, I even tell
people where I leave them. Same difference. At any rate, I think you take the
analogy too literal. The point is, if you have an activity you enjoy doing in a
park that needs no permission to do, geocaching fits in the same category as
long as there are no existing rules.

-Michael