[bksvol-discuss] Re: reading a book rated fair

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 19:58:03 -0500

If you download a brf file and edit in brf and upload that file, you have to upload as rtf. With me so far? To get that brf file which you worked on saved as an rtf file you translate it back from braille to letters. Some of that translating goes wrong. It is just inevitable.

So we are suggesting downloading the html from daisy, saving that as rtf (which does not involve braille translation) and reading the rtf file in grade two if you want on the braillenote. Any word you want to correct will be in expanded grade one mode of course. Hope the explanation helps. We all know you are asking so you understand what is happening with the files? Why do you particularly want to stay in brf by the way? Reading in rtf in grade two works fine.

E.