[bksvol-discuss] Re: reading a book rated fair

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 16:42:49 -0500

O.k. Jill

1. Download the Daisy format book. unpack it, and have the Unpack create a
.html file.
2. Open the "html" file in NMS Word, or Word Pad
3. Save as .rtf
4. Copy said .rtf to your braillenote
5. Start editing.
6. Save as .rtf so say No when it asks you to save as a keyword file.
(Though I do save in keyword for most of my own submissions as I can save
them as text files with page breaks if necessary)

A few other things to think about.

1. Remove your finger print at the top of the file... not good having it
twice.
2. Use the Daisy one.  If you improve the Braille one, you only improve the
Braille copy not the daisy file, so only half the work is done.  Do the
Daisy, and both Braille and daisy are updated.
Also when you are editing this file.  It will be in .rtrf format, so you
must use computer Braille, unless blessed with a QT keyboard at which time
everything is peachy keen.

H.T.H.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.