[bksvol-discuss] Re: editing books you are not necessarily interested in reading

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 03:30:44 -0500

These are the ones I wrote for myself and forgot about when I took an
extended vacation until I accidentally found them. Remember that I use K1000. 1. Check for space and punctuation marks except period, open parenthesis, quotes and
apostrophe.
2. Check for quote space quote, or, if English, apostrophe space apostrophe.
Fix as needed.
3. Check for dash and longdash followed or preceded by space.
4. Check for tabs.  These can show you where there might be problem pages or
line problems in K1000.  Line 1 doesn't count.
5. Check for new-line followed or preceded by apostrophe. (Same reason as above).
6. Check for bar, carat, vertical bar, pound sign, percent, dollar.
7. Check for quote space quote by hand. Will let you know where paragraphs have been joined.
8. Check chapter beginnings.
9. Change spaces to space.
10. Change pairs of periods to periods with a space between.
11. Check page numbering, especially for 1-11 and roman numeral pages.
12. Check for 1's that should be I's (usually surrounded by spaces or newlines).
13. Do rank spelling.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>