[bksvol-discuss] Re: editing books you are not necessarily interested in reading

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 23:30:09 -0800 (PST)

As a validator who does read every word, I think that
what Monica does as a submitter is fine. I would
appreciate a  note to that effect, though, on the list
and/or in the comments, so I'm forewarned. Depending
on the book I may decide not to take it, but if I got
to the point where I read those comments, I'm probably
there because the title interested me and I probably
would take it. I admit that I've been misled in a
couple of cases--the title interested me and I thought
I'd enjoy reading the books, but the way they were
written, I lost interest. Nevertheless, having
committed myself, I did validate them, though in two
cases I didn't read word for word--and I did leave my
name and e-mail address in case more had to be done to
the book to make it o.k. for the reader. So far I
haven't heard from anyone--but maybe that's because no
one but the scanner is interested in the book. smile

G.Cindy

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/