[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question re columns

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:41:48 -0500

You need to decolomnize. Braille displays read line by line, not column by
column. So when reading the braille version of a Bookshare book, you would have
to read the first line of the first column, the first line of the second
column, then the second line of the first column, and then the second line of
the second column, etc. I don't read Daisy versions, but I suspect that voice
readers would encounter the same problem.

Evan